I had almost forgotten. But then I remembered. And so you shall be listening to me. Bwahahahaha.
Today must have been the coolest day since the beginning of the year. Because we got to dissect a sheep's heart! Bwahahahaha!
Actually the teacher first grossed everyone out by sticking his fingers into the arteries and veins. He had also tried to enlarge them by pulling them apart. But the most memorable one was when he stuck 1 finger each into the artery and vein respectively, and pulled them apart. The heart stretched, looking so flaccid. Other than that, he just kept on sticking his fingers in to 'open' it. After a while he cut it to LS form. Began showing us the flaps of the valves, the cordeo tendenease(sp?) and all that. And everyone had a go at squeezing and poking the vein, the artery, the heart, the fats there etc.
Then it was time for us to play with dissect the heart! Ahahahahahaha~! We began poking, squeezing the heart and all that. Someone: Eh do you think there's still blood in it? Sonia: Nah. Don't think so. Someone: *lifts the heart up with the arteries and veins pointing downwards* *a whole lot of blood flows out of the heart* People: oO *more people keep lifting the heart up HAHAHHA* *and more blood flows out* Time to cut the heart Sonia: *presses the heart onto the tray and tries to cut it* *after a while* Sonia: Eh it's dead. Everyone: Of course the heart's dead! Sonia: No! I mean the knife is. It's not moving. *after many people trying to cut the heart* *everyoen begins poking the heart and everything again*
One of the fun activites was to poke our fingers through the the arteries and veins and see where they ended up at in the heart. For the other way round. Another was the attempt to break the cordeo tendenease (gave up on that after a while) as well as using it to hold the whole heart up. It's so strong for something as thin as a string! Oh yeah, I dented the fats when I poked them HAHHAA. I sort of pulled something out of the heart which freaked everyone out. HAHHA. Okay, we did many more fun stuffs, like making jokes out of some actions, more poking and squeezing and playing, etc. Finally we had to stop and to dispose of the heart. =( At the end, my hand smelt a little of blood. Perhaps the smell diffused through the gloves? But anyway, I couldn't get rid of the smell by washing my hands..not matter how hard I tried. Why was I so stupid to not use the soap? Well, one thing, the 'soap' in the toilet smells like vomit. So yeah..I took the slightly bloody smell rather than that stench of puke.
Going off to sleep now..
Last seen at 10:52 PM
|