I want to scream.
I can't believe it.
I'm so traumatised.
ARGGHHHHH.
It all started because of The Banana.
Let's see..I remember my mom said the bananas are gonna spoil soon. So I'd better eat them by today. So..about 5 hours later, I went to to kitchen to get a banana. From the bunch. In a plastic bag.
I pulled one out and it came off easily. Too easily, in fact.
I shrugged it off.
Then, I dented one side accidentally as my grip was too strong. Hence my finger pressed into it. Now..that's bad.. Perhaps it's a little rotten? Nevermind, I thought, perhaps I could just remove the soft and rotten-ish parts.
Taking note of the tip of banana, I realised it was quite dark. Oh no.
Then, I observed...bubbles.
Bubbles?
On closer inspection, I realised they were made by some movement of sorts.
As I stared hard at the banana, I noticed, a white 5mm worm crawling slowly, making its way in and out of the banana.
Yes, that's right. A worm. Claiming this soft squishy banana as its home. Forming bubbles due to the numerous holes it has made in the pericarp, where the air would then escape through the liquid-like substance at the tip.
I paled considerablely.
Immediately I dropped it on the table. For fear the worm would suddenly crawling to my hands. I didn't want to touch it ever again!
Yet, it would not do to leave the worm-infested-banana on the dining table. Who knows what might happen?
Gathering all the courage I could muster, I picked The Banana and walked as quicky as I could to the rubbish chute.
That 3m walk seemed to take eternity.
As I reached my destination, I prepared myself for the final battle and threw The Banana right into the rubbish chute. Off it went, never to be seen/touched by me ever again.
Apparently all my courage was lost as I quickly washed my hands and ran into the room, hoping to seek shelter from the cruel and disgusting world of spoilt food.
URRGHHHHH.
Last seen at 4:44 PM
|