Sunday, May 20, 2007
Finally. I am home.

After spending one whole week of daily practice, slogging away at night for homework and tests, as well as crashing my aunt's house, I can finally say that I'm home at last.

Phew.

Yes, I am back online again.

It's been a while, isn't it?

Anyway, let's just say it has been a memorable experience for me. Not exactly a happy and fun-filled one, but you get what I mean, no?

Looking back, I wonder how I survived the week. It was all school, practice, homework and bed, and the cycle repeats again and yet again. Not to mention I had mock Bio skill A (one of the stupidest things ever) and Math test that week. Sweets are essential for keeping awake during boring lessons.

Practice. How should I say...I don't think it's appropriate for me to say it was very helpful. Time was just not enough. I still suck after the practices. Maybe before that I was suckier. But still, I hope I don't get complains for noise pollution. Well, maybe not. I swear I could play the piece okay on my own. But not at all during group rehearsals. WHY? D:

Me is sad. D:

Guess I'm really not confident during group practices. I keep fearing that I'll screw up and cause everyone to restart. And maybe get scolded once or twice. And yet when I think I could blow it, I couldn't really. I was faking half the time. Group practices scare me. =(

Now, if I couldn't play properly during group practices, what say the actual concert?

Guanyue people are really nice. Well, most of them. Those that I know of. We had fun laughing at nonsense and basically cramming ourselves in the small room labelled "VIP 4". It's a pity the seniors are leaving. Or should I say they have officially/unofficially left? D: If a n00b like me, who spent even less than 2 weeks with the seniors feel the pain of separation, what more of those who were with them for 1st three months? Sigh.

But there's nothing we can do, eh?

I wish them all the best for their 'A's.

Something irritated me, but I doubt I'll have to face it again for a long time. Phew. Let's just say, if you have to do something, just do it, no matter how much you think you can't. Stop whining and get over it. Pulling a black face doesn't help either. People will tire out. I just glad I won't have to see that soon.

The idea of a dizi tee or guanyue tee is nice. Will it be done? I think most probably not. Ah wells. Pray tell the CO tee looks nice? Please?

Dinner was quite nice. I wonder where they got the catering from. And how much it costs. Guanyue+1 was the only one who had some sort of "table" for eating. The others had to do it on the floor. Haha!

On the other hand, lunch was stupidly expensive. I think the shopkeeper was bullying us 'cause we're kids. Hmf.

Shall I talk about the dress code? Everyone was whining about it. Except Cello/Bass and daji. Why oh why do we have to wear a long skirt? And why is everything but the accessory black? And why is the accessory we paid 2bucks for some auntie-ish, fishnet-resembling white(?) "scarf"? It's super long too. I am not in favour of it! And so are many people. Especially guanyue girls. The tie was better. Even though it costs around 3bucks more. Quote CF: "I'd rather look manly than be uglily feminine." I think we all agree. So we ranted on how we have to unglamly step onto the raised platform.

The good thing is, I managed to escape applying make up. Like ew.

Sadly Cadence managed to get the hair spray on me. Imagine the CFCs released.

Somehow there are many things to talk about, and I wanna pen them all down, but I can't. =\ There are just too many things and I can't organise my thoughts properly. I guess you'd have realised that by now; I wasn't exactly typing in chronological order. Is that the correct word for it? Doesn't matter anyway.

It was nice listening to the pieces backstage. Though I'm pretty sure it wasn't as clear as what was heard by the audience. But it's better than nothing. Though I'm afraid I didn't hear 2 pieces. They were rather....soft.

Finally it was my turn. "Finally" makes it sound like I can't wait for it. But I'm sure you know I was dreading it. True, I can't wait to get it over and done with, but I didn't want to face it. D: But as we all know, we can't stop the inevitable. So just brace on.

I was stressed and nervous before my turn. Even when I had to tune my dizi. ~_~ Was worried I would screw everything up and ruin the whole thing. Managed to calm myself down just before we had to go on stage. It didn't seem that bad. I was so preoccupied with trying to blow the piece and counting the bars that I didn't pay any attention to the audience. I should make a point the say I didn't screw everything up, but I screwed up anyway. I had to fake most of the time. Especially when we accidentally flipped to the wrong page. zOMG! Thank goodness the first bar of that wrongly-flipped page was too chim for me to play, hence I had to fake it anyway. But then it seemed weird later. That was when we realised it was the wrong page. So I faked for quite a while until we got to the right page. x_X I doubt it was a realistic fake. Oh noes. D: Then there were the times I played one octave lower. D: Hais. I hope it can't be heard. x_X
But I was kinda overwhelmed by the applause at the end of it. I'm not sure if it was because the audience really enjoyed it or if it were just out of courtesy, but it was different from what I hear in recordings. A thunderous applause. Far different from what I'd imagined.

Thank you Alyssa, Kellie and Deborah for the kind comments. I hope you enjoyed the concert.

And to Alyssa and Kellie, you'd better treat me for coming out while looking stupid to see you guys. <3 Meet up soon okay?

My eyes are looking fine now. No more red veins/capillaries? visible. Thanks to the good 'ole rest I got yesterday night. Finally a day I could sleep in.


Headed out for PW meeting today. Only to find that not everyone got the message. Somehow I didn't feel angry for the wasted trip. Maybe I was just used to the things that happen to me. I was just disappointed.

The day brightened up for me as I got my comics. Yay for 20% discount!


Dear Stella, as I've promised, I've blogged.
Oh, and I'm sore over the pullover too. Gr.

Last seen at 9:53 PM


Jo. 141090. Anime and Manga addict. CRESCENT C30304 C30506 TJCO dizin00b


has a strange, twisted obsession with poking people and stroking their protruding veins. 8D

Also known as
Jojo. Joannie. Annie. Tofu. Dao baby. Mojo. Mojojojo. Momo.

Addictions
Anime.
Manga.
Music.
Photoshop.
Computer.
Maltesers<3
Artbooks.