Speech Day was yesterday. A nostalgic experience. Going back to Crescent, walking around in Crescent, and just being around people who were with me throughout these four years, whether or not I know who they are. It's just the atmosphere there. That feeling.
We were told not to panic even if the envelope we received on stage had someone else's name; it was empty anyway. That was indeed pleasant to hear. Imagine, waking up before dawn, getting all excited, preparing so much (borrowing blazer, court shoes etc) just to get an empty envelope. -__- At that point most of us were disheartened and simply stayed on for the sake of staying on. Since we'd come all the way. And also to see what others had won, as well as the chance to see our friends on stage.
Did I mention I didn't wear the court shoes in the end? So much for asking lots and lots of people to borrow from.
Changed places with someone, knowing that I shouldn't, just because she wants to sit with her friend. Aw. But I ask, why me? Why do I always end up in situations like this? Which I can't refuse, even though I know I should. Gah.
Went off to the toilet before the event started. With Pras. Came back late though; had to stand by one of the entrances and wait as the GoH entered. Then quickly rushed in only to stand near the chairs with-attention-mode abruptly as the school song played. And I sang. We sang. I can't still remember the lyrics. But, I think it'll be better to sing the school song after the event, don'tcha? I believe it'll be more emotional and all.
But anyways, we got plugs! (is that how you spell it??) ^_____^ I guess thinking that we were getting nothing initially makes us cherish the plug even more.
There was obviously trouble when we stood up and Miss Karen Tan had to clarify the order so as to ensure that we were lined up correctly. When she came to where-I-should-be, I wasn't there. Maybe she was annoyed that we changed seats. :Z But who cares..
I forgot to smile. Only smiled when I saw the presenter and suddenly recalled that I had to. I walked really slowly too (in my standards). And, and, and, there was no "small cross marked on the stage" for us to pause and bow! Hrmph. I bowed at some random spot and continued on. Basically, I screwed up.
But we shan't discuss the n number of times I screw up. It'll be endless.
It's a pity I don't have a digicam. I missed various opportunities to take photos of my closest friends on stage. ;__;
The dances were aweshum~ Modern dance was cool especially. Did anyone take a video of it?? Send it to me~ The music was nice too. What is it? I wanna know~ The sad thing was, band started playing after the event, when everyone was leaving..aw. Well, I stayed behind a while to listen. xD
It was camwhoring session after session when Speech Day ended.
BUT. I missed most of the 4C306 photos. I'll only appear in some of them. Like..the last few. Why oh why?? Never wait for me.. But then again...I'm really not close to them...why? It's not like I want to be anti-social or something...but somehow..I don't really fit. And when you've got your close friends, it's had to notice some random person, no? ;__;
I want to take photos with the teachers. Like laoshi, for example. But I didn't get a chance to. Miss Goh wasn't present that day either. I wonder If Mr Loh remembers my name... Took a photo with Mrs Yip though. My only problem is that I took it with lots of C1 population. I feel so extra lah..and despo to take a photo. -__- I'd better get that photo(s)... SO paiseh...
Speaking of which, I AM HEREBY ASKING FOR PHOTOS TO BE SENT TO MEEEEE. Plzkthx.
Went to Clarke Quay to eat(got cheated lah! So ex! And it was a branch of that ex shop! Grr!) and walk around. Nothing much, really. Then decided to go home. I was supposed to take the bus opposite the mall. So I crossed the road, only to find that that particular bus service was unavailable there. So I walked down the road. And walked. And walked. And walked all the way to China Square, where I looked for figurines, before walking to the bus stop at Hong Lim Complex. Or something. Yea. Thank goodness I know which other bus stops to go to. -__-
Was tired. Slept for 16 hours. o___o
--
And now I'm doing WR. Irritating I tell you.
Last seen at 11:32 PM
|