I came to a better understanding of the phrase, "be careful what you wish for". Now, I try my best in making myself content with what I have. Yes, it's still quite forced and somewhat fake, false in a sense, but maybe there will be a day when I can really feel this way.
I fell prey to influenza. My sore throat is still persisting, along with its partner-in-crime, runny nose. Cough revisits me at times, but thankfully, the evil fever which all the afore mentioned are accomplices to has simmered down and left. For now. I don't know when I'll fall ill again. I don't really fall sick often, but when I do, its usually so bad, I feel totally helpless and vulnerable. Am I really that weak? I remember how, as a kid, I could still do silly things when I came down with a cold. And I would recover from a fever after a few days. If my past were to see me now, I bet she'll be horrified at how her future self came to be. On a side note, it's totally irrelevant and yet strangely amusing that I recall us going through a GP passage somewhat related to diseases on Thursday. And on Thursday afternoon, fever struck.
The medical clinic opened...not so punctually. I had to stand waiting for the staff to take their time in switching the lights on and lifting the grills. I hope they sensed my irritation by my posture. What's more, I had to wait for the doctor to arrive. I don't think that's really recommended for a sickly person.
Did I mention I don't like that doctor? He's perverted. And he charges higher fees. ...
There will be PE and sectionals tomorrow. Coupled with a truckload of [unfinished/impending] homework.
Oh a side note, my mommy's porridge is so thick I could eat it with chopsticks. Beat that. <3 I'm sure it's way more nutritious than the oily porridge you find on the streets. Ha!
Last seen at 11:15 PM
|